Friday, April 26, 2019

High on the Mountain, Wind Blowing Free




Last Thursday, Bill and I had engagement pictures taken by Alison Little.  It was spur of the moment, but I'm so glad we did it.  I had agreed to be a model for her explorations of depression and anxiety, so she offered to take some photos of the two of us.  What a treat! 


We met up on Whitetop, our state's second highest peak, and her favorite place.  The wind was blowing wildly and fitfully, but it was so much fun.  This metal map needs its own post, but suffice it to say that it has Whitetop and Elk Garden, my favorite places.  Bill made it very early on, and it is a map to my heart.  He's a machinist, and this is his masterpiece.


I am SO giggly, have been for well over a year now, and SO self-aware, but Alison did such a wonderful job capturing the two introverts that we are.  Cameras make us both want to hide, as much as we enjoy taking pictures.  These are probably the first pictures of myself that I have truly loved.

 
See?  I'm not hiding!  It makes me smile so widely to think of it all!


This picture might be one of my favorites.  I feel so safe and so loved.  It is beyond anything I could have imagined for myself.  My children are so happy and loved, too.  All the years of loneliness and longing have melted away and make sense now.  I had to walk that trail so I could get here, and I am so excited to see what is ahead.  I am old enough to know that life doesn't get any easier, but it surely is sweeter these days.


4 comments:

  1. These are such beautiful natural photo shots - I love them! You look so radiant and the red is really a lovely colour for you. Great photographer for a great couple :-) Sometimes we don't know what life has in store for us, but things always tend to work out the way they need to. It's trusting and doing the work that gets us there. Much happiness to you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like that dress--it's a lot more adventurous for me. Life does have a wonderful way of working out. <3

      Delete
  2. They truly are beautiful photos, and your comments are complementary. Anna is right about red being a good color for you. I am also an introvert and it took me a while to accept that red was good on me, too - it seemed too forward ;-)

    Not hiding... that's huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is big. I hid for years. <3

      Delete