Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Crafting On :: Bunnies

The knitting has slowed down a little this past week--there is so much to see and do outside.  Tomatoes are cucumbers are trickling in.  The blackberries are in full swing.  The heatwave has released its hold on us, with just one more hot day left before a weekend in the upper seventies.  I'm so excited about that!


Here's the Love Bunny Beanie that I intended for Becky.  Laurel will be the happy recipient of this hat, and I will be glad to try again.  It does fit an adult, but the bunnies stretch out in a funny way.  This kind of knitting is new to me, so I'm still working out how to keep the yarn loose enough.  I think it just needs more bunnies!  Take two coming soon, while I still have enough steam.  I don't like to have projects drag on--I've had enough of that!

I'll finish up this hat today and then we'll head to the creek to enjoy those cool mountain waters.

For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams

6 comments:

  1. Those bunnies are delightful. The vegetables sound lovely, we don't have cucumbers yet but the tomatoes have started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We don't normally have tomatoes so early, so this is a treat.

      Delete
  2. This is such a cute hat! I love the little bunnies and the hearts on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me, too. The pattern is so sweet.

      Delete
  3. Well done Brandy! I struggled with the tension too on that valentines hat I made. Hope the rest of the hat comes out well. I am sure Laurel will love it. Good luck with take 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I learned from a knitting friend that it helps to stretch out the stitches as you go along. I tend to want to be in a hurry or very efficient, so this will be a lesson in patience for me. ;-)

      Delete