Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Crafting On :: A Quick Quilt

A new bedroom with three new beds means at least one person needed some new bedding.  We have numerous small quilts and blankets, but none were just the right size for a toddler bed.  I think it's important to have generous blankets and covers.  Willow and I got inspired by Alicia's Calicozy Comforters and made this simple little comforter in an afternoon.


We used fabric that was already on hand, a sweet pink and blue print with some pink and blue gingham leftover from Willow's pajamas.


The back is the pink and blue floral.  Willow tied it in places to hold the batting where it should be.  It's not a completely perfect sort of comforter (all my fault!), but it is puffy and soft.


Oh!  Another word about toddler bedding.  At our house, we use top sheets, so I re-purposed a play cloth for hers.  It measures two yards long and works just perfectly.  I wanted her to have a bed like she was used to and she looks so dear when she is all snuggled down inside.

For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty. I am sure your daughter must be delighted that her mummy and older sister made that quilt for her. Well done girls! Fits in perfectly with the decor I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She does seem to like having her own tiny bed now, instead of a trundle bed that rolls away during the day.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Patchwork quilts (and dresses and skirts) are one of my all time favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have some patchwork skirts and they are so fun. :-) I wonder if my daughter would like to make on for herself. . .

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I want one for my bed, perfect for warm summer nights!

      Delete
  4. Hello, just found and started following your blog, it is lovely! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got this beautiful bed? I am looking for a new bed for my daughter and I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! :-) The bed came from Wal-Mart, of all places. Here's the link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Relax-Sleigh-Toddler-Bed/13008309

      Delete