Thursday, April 19, 2018

April


I looked out the window on Monday night and it was snowing sideways.  Spring is so slow in coming to stay this year.  I guess nearly everyone has the same thing to report.  It was gloriously warm yesterday and we did our best to soak it in.  Nature school at our local state park, time on the porch, and a picnic in the backyard.  The wind kept me up much of the night, along with the restless feelings that April always seems to bring me.  I didn't mind this time.

My mind is so full of things right now that I don't think I really form words around it all.  It is good, mostly, to be sure, some of it overwhelmingly so.  The new shape of my life suits me very well and I feel myself coming into a new place.  This little quotation has been a help to me lately, so I thought I would share it here.  I found it in The Waldorf Book of Poetry, which seems to have no end of good material, all around.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?'

Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marianne Williamson

5 comments:

  1. So very happy you cloak yourself in the mantle of your new / old role and walk away with a smile in your heart and a song on your lips! Keep walking head held high, Brandy - you are amazing and your are doing more than a splendid job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote and Marianne Williamson's wise words. They ring so true for me too. I think this is particularly something women struggle with. We feel that we should play small, please everyone, not act too confidently...just incase... I do believe the fear of our greatness holds us back -I think it is true, we are all powerful beyond measure, being children of God. Let's let the light in and let it inspire others too. :-) You always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. I think about meeting new people and good qualities of mine that I might suppress, and then I shake myself. I don't need to do that! I want to see the greatness, the true greatness, in others, too. :-)

      Delete