Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Crafting On and On

Oh, boy. I think I've been a little busy lately. Well, here comes the cavalcade of crafting!


Laurel got a new nightgown out of some really soft pink flannel.  I used Simplicity 1569, as usual, and added elastic cuffs.  It suits her so well.  Her face, well, I'm just glad she's not doing her usual withering stare.  Willow got a new nightgown, too, made out of a couple of king size pillowcases and one that was standard size.  The prints match pretty well, and she is pleased.  I am, too, since it felt very thrifty!


I completed a very special project and got it off in the mail today.  This sweet bunting doll is for a dear friend whose baby was born still earlier in the Summer.  She is meant to be a comfort to her four other children.


She has a small rice and lavender bag inside to give her some weight and a sweet smell.  I modeled her after this doll from A Toy Garden.  I'd been saving the velour for a special project and this was it.  We all gave her a hug before we sent her on her way.  She is so very huggable.


Lastly, some yarn things--that blasted bunny hat, as I have come to call it.  I crawled through the bunnies, sometimes just doing a row a day.  There are only fifteen rows!  I feel so silly.  Oh, well.  I'm going to get it done and feel better about it.

I've also started a giant granny square in Mandala, which is quite the craze in yarn, I hear.  I picked it up on a whim, since the colors are nice.  This will be for Laurel, I think, ever how big it turns out.

And with that, a roasted chicken will soon be calling my name.  For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Wow you are prolific! Lovely work Brandy. The doll is just so beautiful and thoughtful of you. I am sure it will be so well received with gratitude for the love you have put into it. The nightdresses are great - love how you made Willow's out of pillow cases - you wouldn't know and they are the right kind of cosy :-) I love the giant granny square - I am a big granny square fan. I crotcheted a couple of cushion fronts a while back, but still haven't backed them. I must get around to it!!! So many unfinished projects...Look forward to seeing the finished item. I get what you mean about your hat. I was quite fed up with my Valentines hat by the end of it, I never made a second. I think that sort of work is not really me. I just want to get on with things and switch off a bit while knitting. :-) Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :-) I think a granny square is a great way to use up yarn, no matter how much you have. I would love to see your cushions when you get them done.

      Delete
  2. What sweet makings. The nightgowns look so cozy, and I love Laurel's expression. :) I love the feel of those weighted lavender dolls. Such thoughtful kindness to make her for your friend's children. And thank you very much, now I have to knit a blasted bunny hat, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry about the bunny hat. Don't come complaining to me. ;-)

      Delete
  3. That bunny hat is adorable and I LOVE the colors in the granny square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet and very precious gift, I hope it brings your friend comfort. I love the bunny hat so that was well worth the effort, and the granny square is so wonderfully colourful - you're a very prolific crafter and it's wonderful to see, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me, too. Thanks for your kind words. :-)

      Delete