Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Crafting On :: Christmas Neck Things


'Tis the season to be knitting!  I'm working on things for the in-laws, scarf-like things for their mild climates.  It seems there's a negative connotation surrounding "shawls" for non-knitters, and "shawlette" just sounds a little fussy.  Neck things.  There.  The blue is the Ooh La Lace Shawlette.  Tanya gave me nice long size five needles, so that is making the 243 stitches much easier to manage.  I look forward to seeing the little Eiffel Towers when I block it.


Here's the One-Skeiner No-Brainer, which just isn't a no-brainer, as far as I am concerned.  It requires weighing yarn and keeping records, which is clever when you're looking to work within your means.  It's pretty fast, though, and I'm also curious to see how it turns out.

And now, well, time for more knitting and sitting.  I was alone last night and this morning and really turned the house upside down for a Christmas clean.  I got everything right again with plenty of time to spare--a Christmas miracle!  The children and I have been making a few other gifts and I'll share those next week.  Happy Tuesday!

For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your knitting is coming along nicely. Keep up the good work. Smiled when you mentioned you had sorted the house back to order in plenty of time for your family's return home - that's a good feeling. We can all do with these little miracles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, now I am working to keep it that way. :-)

      Delete