Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Crafting On :: Birthday Things


We've been working on birthday gifts for Laurel as of late.  Willow made Lily the Lamb from Knitting for Children: A Second Book.  I helped with the assembly and embellishment, but Willow gained a lot of confidence with stockinette stitch and casting on.  She has plans for the Leaping Cat next.



Roan and I worked on the Fairy House kit from Sarah's Silks.  Making peg people with silk clothes is tricky, but they came out well.  I found myself digging for acorn caps, when I am usually covered up in them!  The little girl's hat was held on with a clamp until the glue dried, in the event you try this.  There were enough supplies to dress a number of peg people, so I am planning to make three for Christmas stockings.


Lastly, a fun, fast craft--leaf crowns from Earthways.  These were very simple to do with fresh leaves that were ready to fall.  Just clip off the stems with scissors and then use them to attach the leaves to each other. 


For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. I love these ideas! The fresh leaf crown is beautiful. I think my six year old would love it and the little knit lamb is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all so cute! Elizabeth and I love Willow's lamb puppet. :) Fiona had a 'rainbow house' similar to the one you made when she was little. I remember those leaf crowns from Earthways! I had that book long ago; it was fun! Great job on everything. We are getting crafty again around here, fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I think the lamb is the favorite, though she loves all her gifts. I look forward to seeing what you all make. I think being able to do something creative during challenging seasons is such a help.

      Delete
  3. Ah those are lovely presents Brandy! I love the lamb puppet - I bet your youngest was delighted! And the house and little folk are just gorgeous. Beautiful work, made with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She was, and Willow feels so accomplished in her efforts. :-)

      Delete