Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Crafting On


There's a blustery chill in the air, at long last, and we're reaching for hats and mittens.  It's such a nice feeling!  We're read "The Hedgehog's Harvest" by Suzanne Down for Laurel's story this morning.  It inspired me to complete three more friends for our wooden hedgehog.  Now they're settling in nicely to the felted pumpkin I made last year.  The story and instructions can be found in the Autumn 2008 Living Crafts that was sent to me so many years ago.


In knitting news, I finished Roan's helmet.  It was hard to get a straight face out of him, but he is pleased.  You can see my ravelry notes here.


I've started an In Caps Tee for him, with plans for long sleeves.  I really like the formula for the pattern, and it seems like it should be easy to modify for the colder weather.  In addition, I'm casting on a Little Kina sweater for Willow's doll Virginia.  It's a birthday gift, but I'm running short on time.  I don't think she'll mind.

Right now, I'm ready to go out and do some leaf peeping.  Everything's behind schedule this year.

For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Every Autumn I get my LC out and think - THIS year I will make the hedgehogs and pumpkin. It still hasn't happened though! Yours came out so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should! The little hedgehogs were so quick--I often forget that about felting. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, those are adorable!! And your son looks very pleased, indeed. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. That helmet hat is wonderful!!! My boys would love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The link is in my ravelry notes. :-)

      Delete