Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Crafting On

Yarn things this week. I'm moving along in the In Caps Tee for Willow's birthday. I'm feeling more optimistic that I'll have enough yarn.  These colors sure are cheerful!


I finished my first yarn with the drop spindle.  I picked up some continuous roving (I don't know what else to call it) at the Grayson Highlands Fall Festival and though I'd try it first, to get the hang of things.  I came out with some pretty bulky yarn, as the roving had felted together in places.  It does feel soft on the skin, so I'm thinking of a cowl of some kind.  A neck thing.  ;-)


And that's it for me.  My week looks like this--running my mother's office while she is away.  I'm happy to have the work, and that we are able to keep on with school just down the street.  I'll be glad for more regular days soon!


For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. That top for Willow is going to be gorgeous and well done for your work with the drop spindle. Funnily enough I just purchased one a couple of hours ago! as I have never tried one and was ordering some roving for felting anyway. I love the little cart with all your lovely Waldorf schooling materials - pure goodness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is--such a happy color! I wish you luck with your spindle. I hope my next efforts will be less bulky. I now get the feeling I didn't order quiet enough roving (I have lots for felting but not for spinning). Yes, I though the wagon was nice, too. :-)

      Delete