Thursday, October 26, 2017

Candlelit Mornings


Yesterday was cold, not much unlike a February day.  It was a windy forty-two, and I don't think I was quite prepared for it.  It takes some time to get used to the cold, as much as I love it.  We had some pretty heavy rain on Monday, which was so welcome, but so dark.  The day ended with a beautiful rainbow, which was such a joy.  While it is cold again today, Willow's birthday promises perfectly average temperatures and abundant sunshine. 

Our mornings begin with candles, as I like the mood it brings when the children wake up.  I try to rely on natural light for all but the darkest days, since I think noticing how the light changes is as important as observing weather patterns.  I want my children to be comfortable in all weather (mostly cold, wet, or windy), and the same goes for the changing moods of the sun.  Even with the birthdays and Halloween coming up, our thoughts are turning toward Martinmas and our lantern walk.  This time of year is really perfect for such things. 




No comments:

Post a Comment