Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Spring Bouquet


The sun on Monday!  It was so bright and strong!  We toured the country and town, soaking in the joy of Spring flowers.  Sometimes, or many times, you just need flowers.  


I have dreams of hundreds of Spring flowers in my yard.  I also dream of living in the country again.  It could happen (anything could happen!), or I could stay right here, planting more bulbs each year.


We drove to an old abandoned house where there are thousands of daffodils, daffumdilds as Willow used to call them.  I crept behind the house, beside the stream, and picked as many as I could, as fast as I could.  Now we are set for a few days.  


It's snowing now, of course.  We seem to get tiny snows this year, but I have a feeling all the waking plants couldn't handle much more.  Well, we'll do our best to enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful spring flowers! So nice they are already blooming for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness - that brings back so many memories! Of my entire life... driving or hiking out to abandoned places and pilfering daffodils. :) My grandmother started it! I love your pretty photos today. Looks like Spring has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what happy photos. Daffodils always make me smile. Colour returning to an otherwise quite monochrome world. Sounds like someone put a lot of effort into creating a beautiful spring feeling with those thousands of daffodils - at least it is appreciated by someone still...I pick daffodils from the corner of the field in which our former pony lives, There are so many and no one can enjoy them as they are so hidden away and the ponies aren't bothered! I think it's their task to spread joy and every home should have them 🙂 Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, flowers really do spread joy. I do often think of the people who might have planted the flowers one finds growing here and there.

      Delete