Friday, February 2, 2018

Home-Making


I wish I had a window over the bay
And a dreamy eyed cow to fill my milking pail
I wish I had a cockerel to raise me at dawn
And a little bed to sleep in when the curtains are drawn


~Vashti Bunyan


Our home has transformed in the last while, in unspeakable ways and in ways that are very visible.  Willow has, at long last, her own room.  I have mine, too, which seems so new and bright and strange.  I don't think I have to say much more, or that I should, but we are here and moving forward.  We are finding simple pleasures in our new spaces, and we are taking extra time to connect and keep to routines, as we all should.  Prayers have covered us, just as the fresh snow blankets things today, and we are doing well.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to talk about it in this space (how does that all work?), but changes come and we keep on going.  Here I am, going.


16 comments:

  1. Dear Brandy, you have two beautiful fresh rooms there for your new beginnings. I feel sure you will all get through these changes with the help of your already strong daily, weekly and yearly rhythms and the deep love that you all share for each other and for nature. I noticed how you were doing and carrying so much of your family life alone... I shall cover you with my prayers too. I am sure you have plenty of friends but if you would like to correspond elsewhere in confidence, my email is amothershares@gmail.com. Sending lots of love and healing. I am with you ❤️🌈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna. It has been a long road, with miles still to walk. <3

      Delete
  2. I am also thinking of you sweet Brandy and family and I am sending you blessings, love and sincere hugs across the waters xoxo Be strong, feel strong - your kind spirit will help you through anything. Katja x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.Enjoy your new spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having been in the same uncomfortable new shoes, I understand how difficult this can be; but, as you, I had small hands in mine that gave me focus and courage. As you have wisely noted about your dear mountains that transitions bring beauty, so will this. All will be well.

    sending good thoughts from the other side of your mountains... matty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those small hands keep me going, for sure. They have often given me the push to keep going and to be happier. Thank you. <3

      Delete
  5. I think we all noticed how you carried your children and your home life virtually alone and how constant and true you have kept both. Although the boat may rock, the anchor holds fast. We love y'all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Ginger. Thank you for your love and prayers over the years.

      Delete
  6. You have created such beautiful rooms. I hope time will bring you what you need. Love, Marike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful spaces. What a warm and loving home you have created; your kind and beautiful spirit really shines through. You have been such a blessing to me as a friend, and I know you are a blessing to your children. Sending you love and prayers as you move forward & wishing bright and happy days to come for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You have been a blessing to me, too. <3

      Delete