Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Crafting On Along


Still knitting at a feverish pace, or at least a decent one.  I finished my Golden Leaves Scarf, which was such a pleasure.  My mother has requested one of her own, so that may be in the works in the next little while.  Of course, that happened after I ordered some yarn to begin a hap for myself.  I thought I'd choose something that would work with worsted yarn, in order to achieve faster results.  This is not a fingering weight season of life.  I will be glad to make it a shawl or a blanket or whatever use strikes my fancy.  I even have the romantic plans of blocking it out on the grass (in the shade, of course).


Still working on Roan's sweater, but not moving very fast, I cast on a hat for myself.  Red and green, it will be a star tam that I am calling the Christmas in Killarney Cap.  Yes, I know that tams are Scottish and Killarney is in Ireland.  Humor me.  I think it will be cheery, and I've wanted a tam for awhile, just to know what they're like.  So, a merry red and green tam to go with my Hollyberry Mittens.  And maybe I'll make another red and green hat, an Elf Cap, just because.  It's been far too many years since I knit for myself.

For more crafting visit Frontier Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are certainly knitting a lot! The shawl looks lovely. Looks like you have quite a few projects on the go. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have big plans, but time will tell... ;-)

      Delete