Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Lambsheep Mittens

It's steamy and hot outside, but I'm thinking about Winter.  I just sit and dream of snow piling up outside and howling winds.  I'd really love to be snowed in right about now, as much as I am looking forward to the tomatoes ripening and the forthcoming cucumbers.  I'm still knitting my way through Homespun, Handknit and here are the Lambsheep Mittens.


These are for Willow and they are entirely too sweet.  The pattern suggests that one ear is for the thumb and the other is for the little finger.  I'll admit to being a little intimidated by the embellishment, but it wasn't so bad.  I redid one mouth, but that's all.  Now, weaving in all those ends was its own job. 


I would make these mittens again, for sure, with a few modifications and some bigger needles for the hands that are always growing.  I do hope they will be treasured like my beloved kitten mittens were.  I learned to knit simply because I love mittens so.  I've got one more pair on the needles--Sideways Mystery Mittens.  I hope to finish one up today.

For more crafting, visit Frontier Dreams.

1 comment: